Wednesday 13 January 2010

Spanner In The Works!

A visit into uni to show Adam my work resulted as what first seemed a big mistake. "you're character is too high end", "there isn't a style", "stylisation will save your project!" I had to start from scratch. We sat down and made a note of all Gordon's characteristics, his age, personality, interests, fears, ambitions and so on. At first it didn't seem necessary to go to deep into this, however soon realised that these factors were aiding in the shape and style of my new character. By flicking through some books and getting some inspiration, Adam gave me a big fat marker and said "Draw at least 30 silhouettes of your characters shape and so i did. Here is a few


A theme soon started appearing out of my designs and many drawings later I was getting somewhere.

I soon had a rough outline of my two characters, and stared to fine tune them.

Finally after hours of tweaking a pieces of paper being thrown away I managed to get something i was happy with.
I tried to keep the characters to a similar style. The use of the flat heads and beady eyes work really well i feel. Now lets start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment